Here is our new guide to using billboards to generate media, membership, and activism. The billboard pictured above in Milwaukee, where it generated a lot of media and events, will be going up this week in St. Louis. Our new idea is, now that 50 nations have ratified the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, to put up billboards in Europe asking the United States to get its illegal weapons out of the continent. We’re looking for more ideas and more funding. Help out here.
Free Webinar: What About World War II? This free webinar, open to all, will feature David Swanson, Executive Director of World BEYOND War, discussing the “What about WWII?” question so popular among supporters of military spending, and the history of Armistice Day. Organized by: Peace Action of Broome County, NY and Stu Naismith Chapter 90 Veterans for Peace of Broome County, NY, U.S. Participants will be able to ask questions via chat and by clicking the “raise hand” button for a turn to speak. All perspectives are welcomed and encouraged. Register here.
Armistice / Remembrance Day #103 is November 11, 2020 — 102 years since World War I was ended at a scheduled moment (11 o’clock on the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 — killing an extra 11,000 people after the decision to end the war had been reached early in the morning). Find, list, or create an event.
Stop the killing. There is no equivalence of blame or anything else here. Read this article and watch this video.But the surest way for the world to stop the killing is to embargo all weapons to both sides. Sign the petition, share it with others who can also sign and share it. We can deliver it to governments around the world.
Our latest campaign to ban militarized policing is with a coalition of groups in Portland, Orgeon. Work with us to make this happen where you are.
- November 2, 2020: Webinar: Rotarian Peace Projects Incubator
- November 2, 2020: Webinar: Building a Culture of Peace through Education: Youth Voices from five continents
- November 3, 2020: Webinar: Climate Change and International Security
- November 4, 2020: Webinar: The Role of Nuclear Weapons in 21st Century Deterrence
- November 5, 2020: Webinar: After the US Presidential Election: Gauging the Results for Korea and Northeast Asia
- November 5, 2020: Online Event: US-RUSSIA FORUM 2021
- November 7, 2020: Webinar: MAW Annual Remembrance Lecture
- November 10, 2020: What About WWII?
- November 11, 2020: Armistice Day Bell Ringing
- November 11, 2020: Webinar: The remarkable story of a young Catholic husband & father from Denver who was placed in military prison for refusing to be drafted into WWI
- November 11, 2020: Webinar: 14th annual Armistice Day event
- November 14, 2020: A webinar on forging unity between the anti-racist and anti-war movements, building together towards a future of peaceful cooperation.
- November 15, 2020: Webinar: Annual Multifaith Service for Peace: The Rev. Dr. Chloe Breyer
- November 15, 2020: Webinar: Annual Conference for Peace with Amb. Bonnie Jenkins and Maj. Danny Sjursen
- November 19, 2020: Webinar: What the world’s highest stakes negotiations cases can teach peace practitioners: Insights to Enhance Peace Practice
- November 27, 2020: Webinar: Many Peaces, Bill Huntley Memorial Peace Seminar
- December 4, 2020: Free Webinar: AFRICOM & Human Rights in Africa
- December 5, 2020: Webinar: Where do we go from Here? Preparing our Movements for the Next Four Years
News from Around the World
WorldBEYONDWar is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement –
support our work for a culture of peace.
World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA
Checks must be made out to World BEYOND War.
Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don’t want to read? We don’t think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into “junk” or “spam” by “white listing,” marking as “safe,” or filtering to “never send to spam.”