World BEYOND War believes that education is a critical component of a global security system and an essential tool for getting us there.
We educate both about and for the abolition of war. Our educational resources are based on knowledge and research that expose the myths of war and illuminate the proven nonviolent, peaceful alternatives that can bring us authentic security. Of course, knowledge is only useful when it’s applied. Thus we also encourage citizens to reflect upon critical questions and engage in dialogue with peers toward challenging assumptions of the war system. These forms of critical, reflective learning have been well documented to support increased political efficacy and action for system change.
Peace Education and Action for Impact
Writing Peace Course – February-March 2023
World BEYOND War’s Organizing 101 course is designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of grassroots organizing. Whether you are a prospective World BEYOND War chapter coordinator or already have an established chapter, this course will help you hone your organizing skills.
Changing Minds (and Measuring the Results)
- October 2016 Vermont: Video. No poll.
- September 2017 Philadelphia: No video. No poll.
- February 2018 Radford, Va: Video and poll. Before: 68% said war could be justified, 20% no, 12% not sure. After: 40% said war could be justfied, 45% no, 15% not sure.
- February 2018 Harrisonburg, Va: Video. No poll.
- February 2022 Online: Video and poll. Before: 22% said war could be justified, 47% no, 31% not sure. After: 20% said war could be justified, 62% no, 18% not sure.
- September 2022 Online: Video and poll. Before: 36% said war could be justified, 64% no. After: 29% said war could be justified, 71% no. Participants were not asked to indicate a choice of “not sure.”