See lots of designs here.
World Beyond War billboards are funded entirely by contributions made here by supporters of ending war.
Billboards and other big ads are going up:
- In January-February 2021, we had billboards go up in Berlin, Germany, and around Puget Sound in Washington State, U.S.
- In November 2020, thanks to a generous donation from School Sisters of Notre Dame Central Pacific Province, a billboard went up in St. Louis.
- In February and again August 2020, a billboard was up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- In September 2019, four billboards went up in Limerick, Ireland.
- In March 2019, ads went up on buses in Alaska thanks to Alaska Peace Center.
- In February 2019, we began running video ads on Facebook.
- All over Lansing, Michigan, in December 2018 – January 2019 and ongoing, thanks to Peace Education Center.
- In Schenectady, NY, in January 2019, thanks to Upper Hudson Peace Action.
- In Pittburgh, PA, in December 2018 thanks to WILPF Pittsburgh.
- In Albany and Schenectady, NY, in September, 2018, thanks to Women Against War.
- In New York City thanks to the Puffin Foundation, huge billboards at 11th Ave and 49th St August 21 to Oct. 28, 2018, and 11th Ave and 45th St August 21 to Nov. 25, 2018.
- From week of Aug. 27 to week of Sept. 23, 2018, two ads in each of these Toronto subway stations: Dundas, St George Bloor-Danforth, St. George Yonge Line, and Queen.
- In July-August 2018 in Toronto, Canada, in dozens of subway trains.
- In July 2018 on bus shelters near White House in Washington, D.C.
- In April and May 2018 big billboards in Albany, New York, USA.
- Through March – July 2018, on stationary and moving billboards all over Syracuse, New York, USA.
- For the month of January 2018 a billboard in downtown Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- For the month of December 2017 a billboard in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.
We can put up more, and you can tell us where you want to see which ones, if you fund them.
Rep Gwen Moore joins Milwaukee County Supervisor Steven Shea and peace activists from Milwaukee’s End the Wars Coalition in supporting the campaign to use 3% of U.S. military spending to end starvation on earth. Photo by Susan Ruggles.
Lansing, Michigan (photo by Terry Link):
New York City:
Washington, D.C., bus shelters near White House:
Toronto Subway Stations:
An internet ad not up on billboards because billboard companies refuse to take it (find one that will and we’ll put it up):